2019 annual ratings from AirHelp, is out now and Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is positioned in Top 10 best airports in the world.
Airhelp is an organization that specializes in air traveller rights and seeks compensation in cases of delays or cancellations.
See last year’s rankings here.
The New Jersey hub ranked as the worst US airport in 2019.
US airports, in general, didn’t fare particularly well, with the highest-rated Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport taking 34th place of 132 around the world.
Newark held the lowest U.S. spot, at 116.
The airports are rated based on three factors: on-time performance, service quality, and food and shopping options.
The 10 Best Airports of 2019
- Hamad International Airport, Qatar (DOH)
- Tokyo International Airport, Japan (HND)
- Athens International Airport, Greece (ATH)
- Afonso Pena International Airport, Brazil (CWB)
- Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport, Poland (GDN)
- Sheremetyevo International Airport, Russia (SVO)
- Changi Airport Singapore, Singapore (SIN)
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, India (HYD)
- Tenerife North Airport, Spain (TFN)
- Viracopos/Campinas International Airport, Brazil (VCP)
Among the 72 airlines for which the company has statistically significant data, AirHelp rated them by on-time performance, service quality, and claim processing, with each category weighed equally.